Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Intuitive Eating, Let's Give it a Shot!

I started the day with oatmeal cooked with 1/2 a banana topped with unsweetened reduced fat coconut. I don't know if it was the finely shreddedness, the unsweetenedness, or the reduced fatness, but it definitely didn't taste like I wanted it to. I made up for it later with an unpictured coconut Larabar after step aerobics.


When I got home from step aerobics I had this lunch that I'd packed with the intention of eating elsewhere. It was just as good at home! Salad with green onions, black beans, brown rice, and salsa. Applesauce with ground flax and cinnamon, and a few dark chocolate-covered pretzel slims from Trader Joe's.

After lunch I walked this guy:

Something's missing? Oh yeah, his leg. Because it's a front leg it's easier for him to run than walk, so we jogged about 1/4 mile. I am getting MUCH better at keeping up with him and running more and more. Then I walked 2.5 miles by myself.

In the middle of the afternoon I had some pasta with sauce and a veggie meatball (all leftovers). I'm not sure what to do about the perpetual small meals following workouts, particularly step aerobics. I don't have as much ROOM as normal, but every few hours I'm starving. So, I eat.

Dinner was a quesadilla made in the toaster oven with ff refried beans and cheese. I chased it with a lemon bar that my mom brought home from a bakery plus a few bites of strawberry frozen yogurt (the rest of the yogurt went down the drain- it was gross).
I'm still attempting to reach a balance with my eating. I like vegetables, but I don't feel full for very long after eating them so I think of them less at night. The other thing I'm uncertain of is whether I'm eating enough or too much for the activity I do. Sure I spent 2 hours exercising today, but one of those was just walking and the rest of the day I basically sat! I'm hoping, within the next couple of months (and continuing forever) to be able to lose weight just by doing what comes naturally to me. I've been ignoring my body's signals for a long time and starting to listen again is challenging. I trust now that my body knows how to manage itself and by incorporating healthy habits (like my Goals for October) everything will come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment