Thursday, October 8, 2009

Becoming Blogworthy


Let's back up to yesterday. I was rushed, I hadn't planned ahead, and my day was a series of hastily-grabbed food that left me feeling a little sick and like I hadn't eaten at all. I don't even remember what I had for breakfast, but I had a Luna bar at some point and then made lunch while I was babysitting. Pictured above: (bottom left) Bryce's lunch: turkey and cheese sandwich cut into 3 pieces, apple quarter. (bottom right) Annie's lunch: same sandwich cut into 2 pieces, thin apple slices. (top middle) my lunch: salad w/ spinach, romaine, broccoli, cheese, and my favorite Newman's Light Balsamic dressing (plus apple on the side).

Those kids are so sweet. Not pictured is Leah's lunch because she was at school. They knew me when I still ate meat, and Annie (age 20 months, who actually didn't know me when I ate meat) was sure that the piece of broccoli I put on her high chair tray was mine. She fed it to me :-)


Later in the afternoon I grabbed some Cheez-its. If I ever go completely vegan, this is what I'll be "giving up." I don't mind not eating cheese and using almond milk instead of dairy, but I really like those cheese crackers. I did not eat the bunny.

I had tortilla chips and refried beans + cheese for dinner. I was starving by the time I got home and ate way too fast. A little later I had these:


And then I felt sick and went to bed.

This morning I woke up to this:


That's a cinnamon pancake that was waiting for me in the oven, I didn't have to make it or anything.

My tummy was growling by the time step aerobics rolled around, so I munched a quick bite of a lemon larabar. That's now my second favorite flavor (behind coconut).

I used the 8" bench again and I think it'll be the norm from now on. It was a good class! I was definitely hurting by the time it was over.

Then I went to the grocery store (actually, a couple) and picked up some produce and healthy foods that I can no feel guilty about eating because they'll look great on the blog (because that's what it's all about!). First up, lunch:


Spinach pasta (bulk bins, no healthier than white pasta but I like it) with Nate's meatless meatballs and TJ's basil marinara sauce. (This was a salad plate, by the way. I am watching my portions!) It was delicious, but I was waaaay hungry by the time I made it and I ate too fast. Must plan ahead!

I also picked up at 2 qt crock pot while I was out and it was on sale for less than $11. What a steal! I cut up some onion, red potato, carrot, and celery:


And put it in the crockpot with some lentils and TJ's Curry Simmer Sauce:


There's water in there too. They'll make some great lunches this week(end)!

Dinner: Sunshine burger, 1/2 avocado, and giant pear.

I'm doing my best to transition my eating habits into something I'm proud to share with other people. Planning ahead, taking pictures of everything...it's easy for a day, but so difficult when the week gets busy!

October Goals Round-up:
Sleep: 65/250 hours
Packed Lunches: 1/20
Exercise: 5.5/20 hours
Homework: 3/45
Housework: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment