Tuesday, October 6, 2009


The famous breakfast cookie! This one had oats, chocolate protein powder, almond butter, almond milk, and coconut. The first few bites were good, but after that it was like an uncooked oat brick in my belly and I feel a little sick now thinking about it. I don't think I'm ready for the breakfast cookie. I'll try it with some different mix-ins in a couple of months and see how it is though. It certainly filled me up, and fueled me through step aerobics.

Now, I love step aerobics. I first took it at my school in the spring for credit and it blew me away. Every class was hard, but fun! The past couple weeks haven't been nearly as challenging (go me! more fit!) and not nearly as fun. So today I took a leap. A flying leap off an 8-inch bench, because I added a set of risers to my 6-inch bench. It was like a whole new world. Not only is it harder to step higher, but you have to move faster to stay with the music! I nearly chucked a set of risers in the middle, but I stuck it out and I feel awesome. Even better, I might be sore tomorrow!


In the car on the way to babysitting from school, I had a baby Luna bar. (The big one is just for comparison.) Is that the cutest thing you've ever seen? It's about 3 bites and was perfect to hold me over until lunch. Step aerobics ends at 11:30, but by the time I get home I'm too starved to prepare actual food.


The gal I was babysitting for, Colleen, made me lunch! This salad had spring mix, broccoli, tomatoes, carrot shreds, herbed feta, and croutons. The dressing is Newman's Own light balsamic. It was so yummy! When I cut up veggies they're just small enough to be considered bite-sized pieces, but Colleen cut them up smaller and somehow it tasted better. I must start doing this.


Apple cake. Starts with a fruit, ends in "cake," explains itself.

EDIT: Oops! I forgot the unpictured graham cracker here, near the end of babysitting.

When I got home from babysitting I was starving, so I had some of last night's bug mac and cheese (probably 1 cup) while I nuked a prepackaged burrito and set it on a plate with some pomegranate applesauce and tortilla chips w/ lime juice (way better than "lime" tortilla chips, by the way). I really run out of steam at night. I feel so guilty, not for the quality of the food (which was meh), but for the amount of excess packaging I was using in my own house by eating individually wrapped foods!


I had a (blurry) cup of hot chocolate with a little almond milk after dinner. It was perfect.

On Thursday, I'm not working after school. Tomorrow, I'll be going through my cookbooks to find some things to make so I can have healthy meals (or meal-starters) on hand throughout the week. Stay tuned for pics!

October Goals Round-up:
Sleep: 49.5/250 hours
Packed Lunches: 1/20
Exercise: 3.5/20 hours
Homework: 2/45
Housework: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment